runway: NW/SE - 1100x200m/3150x600ft - grass/dirt
Fandetta airfield (also known as Foggia Satellite airfield #4) was a semi-permanent fighter airfield located approximately 5km (5mi) east-southeast of Foggia in Apulia, Italy.
It was built by the Royal Italian Air Force as part of the Foggia Airfield Complex, a series of World War II military airfields located within a 25 mile (40 km) radius of Foggia. It is not known when the airfield was opened. It was mainly used by fighters, of which up to 18 were observed at the airfield during reconnaissance missions. The airfield remained operational until the Allied forces took control of the Foggia plain.
Allied reconnaissance photo of Fandetta in 1943 (National Archives, UK, via Tomasso Palermo)
The airfield on a September 1943 map assessing the airfield for Allied use (AFHRC, via Reid Waltman)
The airfield relative to Foggia and other cities on a September 1943 map assessing the airfield for Allied use (AFHRC, via Reid Waltman)
Today the airfield is an agricultural area. No traces of the former airfield are visible.