runway: n/a - grass
Kintore airfield was an airfield 155 kilometers north-northeast of Edinburgh.
The airfield opened on 1 May 1935 as a civilian airfield. It is known that Kintore was the airfield where the inaugural flight to Sumburgh Airport the DH Rapide G-ACPN on 3 June 1936 originated from. During World War II the airfield was taken into service by the RAF, but no details seem to be available.
The airfield was last used in March 1949.
No photos of the airfield while in use have been located
The airfield is now partially built over by the A96 highway from Aberdeen to Inverness. No visible traces could be made out from aerial photography.
The location of the former airfield in 2006 (Google Earth).